Thursday, April 8, 2010

Shouting from the rooftops!



My sweet boy Sawyer has started to do something in the morning that mothers of young toddlers only DREAM about! He's been waking up in the mornings while Jake is getting ready for work so Jake gets him a little snack and turns cartoons on.

The awesome thing is that Sawyer will keep watching cartoons and let me keep dozing after Jake goes to work! I'm so grateful (for the first time) that we have a split floor plan! When Jake is getting ready to leave he comes in the room, we say our prayer and then Sawyer comes in and snuggles with me for a second and goes back out to watch his cartoon.

I don't stay asleep very long, usually just another 15 or so minutes because who wouldn't want to wake up and smooch on a little boy that is so sweet in the morning?!

I'm so excited to enter this new stage of life! We've been going to bed earlier, the house is staying cleaner, our money is lasting longer and we're starting to be able to sleep in!! I feel like I've hit the JACKPOT!

2 comments:

Kim said...

yaaaay!!! that's awesome Starleigh!

David and Kaitlyn said...

That sounds so sweet! I want to smooch on him too!