Friday, January 30, 2009

Update!

Hello All!
I've realized that my goal of having a blog post a day for the whole year was a little unrealistic. I'm back though! My internet was "down" and I finally have it connected again.
Lately we have been hanging out around the house, thinking about cleaning, making new friends and trying to sleep train.
I tried to potty-train Jane for half a day and after she peed on the carpet 4 times I decided it wasn't worth it to me yet. I just don't feel like fighting about it or cleaning up pee all day.
I thought I was failing in my attempts to sleep train Sawyer but he only woke up one time during the night yesterday and he has been napping regularly today! My kids are so different from each other! It is hard to try to figure a new kid out when it doesn't respond to the methods that your older child responded to. I almost feel like I am re-inventing the wheel. Sawyer is such a little joy though. He laughs and smiles all the time. He is alert and strong and so masculine! He is such a little man; he even looks like a little man when he gets his little scowley face going.
I have Carpel Tunnel. My doctor says it is really common for new moms to get it so I am confined to a write brace for the next couple of months. Anyways, I've got to run! I'll post more later... :)

2 comments:

barbaraence said...

So great that you're back!!! :) Stay tuned to our blog over the next few weeks... ;)

Jennie Z said...

It is fun to look at all of your new pics. Looks like you guys have been busy. Sorry to hear about your carpel tunnel.
About kids being different from each other.... Max was a terrible baby and then Kate almost seemed perfect. She was so much easier. Now it seems like Max is getting easier and Kate is getting harder (sassier, defiant, independent - oh wait she's 2-typical!!)
It is fun to see how they can be so different though. I am glad Sawyer is a good sleeper for you. That makes life a bit easier. He looks so big and cute in those pics. Glad to hear you guys are doing well.