Friday, January 2, 2009

A post a day...

Hello again, to all my friends.

I'm still feeling quite chipper and enthusiastic about the new year. In large part because Jake was blessed with an EXTRA day off before he starts work. He went to a meeting the day after Christmas last week and we thought it was going to just be extra vacation time to use later. Well, as it turns out, his training officer is on vacation until Monday so Jake CAN"T start until Monday so we get an extra day off PLUS we are being paid for it (on top of the last two weeks he has been home with out working AND with pay).

So anyways, the year is going well.

(note to reader: I wrote the opening of this post two days ago.)

I've never been one for new year resolutions but this year, in order to stave off insanity, I've decided to set a couple of goals for myself.

1. Keep a clean house. I want to be able to have people over and not worry if they wander towards my room or need to use the bathroom in my room because the kiddos are napping in the other rooms. I want people to be able to drop by without me worrying that they'll judge my by the state of my house (I would judge me...).

2. Be presentable. This could mean a number of things. For me, this means making the effort to shower every day ( I know that it sounds gross for all of you empty Nester's but when you have kids you'll understand), blow-dry my hair and put on a little bit of make-up. No Sweats!

3. Potty train Jane.

4. Rebuild our savings account

5. Train for a triathlon. I've already started running. When it warms up I'll start swimming and when we start making a LITTLE bit more money, I'll buy a bike. I should point out though that it is completely ridiculous that I think it is too cold to swim right now in Florida. If I lived in any other part of the country I would be dying for a dip in the pool at the temperatures we've been having lately. In my defence, I've lived in south Georgia/north Florida for going on six years now. I'm officially acclimated to the climate (even though it is hotter than hell here in the summer) and that means that 77 degrees with no humidity just isn't hot enough to justify a dip in the pool.

6. Post an entry a day on my blog. I'm laughing at myself a little bit too. I've been horrible about posting to this blog but I really want to make an effort to post a little something every day. In every post I'm going to try to note one way that I have been blessed. Since I've already missed two days I'm going to post three ways that I a lucky today.

Jan 2: I was lucky to have Jake home for one extra day.
Jan 3: We had a great day with Jake's parents, Manga and PopPop, at the Natural History Museum here in Gainesville. I'm lucky to have in-laws that I like and to live in a city that has cool museums.
Jan 4: I'm blessed (hallelujah) with 9:00am church.

SO anyways, tomorrow is my birthday. I'll be 24. I can't believe it.
Until then, keep on truckin'.

3 comments:

barbaraence said...

Good for you and the post-a-day! I'm looking forward to it!
Yes, HALLELUIAH for 9 am church! We've got it too!
Happy early birthday!

Darcey said...

wow, i dunno how you find time to train for a triathalon! I am currently suffering from a disease called "i-just-can't-get-up-earlier-than-8am-no-matter-how-early-i-go-to-bed", so once I get over that, then maybe I can be ambitious like you and train for ... something!

p.s. HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Kellie said...

i wanna do a triathalon too!! someday when i move to florida forever we can train together :-) and i know it gets too cold to swim in florida, i won't judge. i miss you star! i cant wait to meet sawyer! heh heh im sure he'll be as thrilled with me as Jane was. lets go to disneyworld again soon!