Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I just CAN"T decide...

So, I've gone back again to the idea of going into labor on my own.
The longer I am pregnant (really, the closer I get to my due date) the more I realize that I would rather be pregnant and spend more time with Jane than throw myself into the frying pan with two kids and a husband that is gone 5 days a week.
Plus, I'm pretty scared about having two kids...
This is where I need all my veteren mom friends to swoop in to the rescue to remind me that it isn't going to be as hard as it sounds and I'll love the little baby as much as I love Jane because there seems to be a disconnect with me and those topics right now...
I hate to admit it but I really DON"T know what to do with a boy. I'm a little terrified by the thought of it. I'm not a huge fan of change that I can't control though...
What do you think??

I'm also a little nervous about the whole "going into labor" thing. In that respect I feel like a first time mom because I didn't go naturally with Jane. I don't know what to expect other than contractions that don't go away. I thought for sure that I would have the baby by now because of nesting and pressure and contractions...but, my doctor says he is still pretty high. Who knew?
So anyways, I'm still pregnant and I'm pretty happy about it.

2 comments:

barbaraence said...

I love your expression about the frying pan!

The Miller Family said...

First, I'm so glad that you can say you're happy about being pregnant at this point - that's a feat in and of itself!

Second, "It isn't as hard as it sounds and you'll love your baby just as much!" - Is that what you were looking for? :o)

As for the just as easy part...not so much (it's a little adjustment, but not earth-shattering!)...but at 6 months out, it seems like I've never not had 2 kids. And as for loving the new baby...You totally will. For me it's a little different, but it's all-encompassing nonetheless!

Starleigh, you're going to be great! Boy or girl, you know how to be a wonderful Mommy...and that won't change just because the parts are different this time around! :o)

I'm so excited for you!