Thursday, September 11, 2008

The countdown begins...

Being pregnant is the one of the most maddening things you can do to yourself. At the end you are big and uncomfortable and ready to have your body back. I swear to you, I have dreamt about my pre-pregnancy body every night so far this week. You know what I do in all my dreams? I squish my hard (flat) runners stomach and feel the blissful sensation of NOTHING pushing back! It's crazy, I know, but I can't wait to stretch my legs again and feel the wind of a 12 minute mile in my hair... :) I can't wait to lay down on my side and not feel my muscles stretch and ache to accomodate the weight of my huge baby unsupported... I can't wait to go get that carribean salt or seaweed wrap that I read about from a local spa as a reward for making it through one more pregnancy without tearing my hair out or ripping my clothes in half with my teeth.
Okay, okay, so maybe I'm being a little dramatic. This pregnancy has actually be very good. I haven't had ANY of the problems that I had with Jane. I've been perfect physically throughout. I'm actually starting to wonder if people are right when they say that girls are easier...
Anyways, foward I march. The most maddening thing about this pregnancy to me is the end. Only in the sense that I am desperate to not be pregnant anymore (as previously mentioned) but, at the same time, I don't want the baby to come until I"M ready (which isn't until Jake is ready...). So what do you do when you are ready for something to happen, but not just yet, while at the same time, you don't want to wait too long...?
You just keep living life and try as hard as you can to not think about the when's, how's and where's of the matter. As an update for all you rabid readers (yes, for both of you) I'm going to try to post some pictures so you can see how big I actually am. On a personal note, Jane and I are doing great. We are past the half-way mark with the academy and once we have the baby things will be over and done before we know it.

3 comments:

Mrs. Blimes said...

there's actually 3 people that read your blog! lol

i found you thru katie, you make a very adorable pregnant gal!

btw, 12 minute mile is pretty good, i am officially impressed!

The Miller Family said...

Maybe I'm number 4!?! I always hate the last few weeks too...but it means that you're SO close! Woo-hoo!

Jennie Z said...

I want to come with you for the seaweed wrap- sounds fun! Hang in there. I know these last few weeks seem like forever, but you can do it! Sorry things didn't work out this morning.