Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A mighty change of heart...

So it would appear as though I have a tendency of going into "labor" a couple of weeks early while I am pregnant. When I was pregnant with Jane I labored hard enough to get admitted to labor and delivery and then sent home when the contractions stopped. With this pregnancy I only had to endure two hours in the triage area before I convinced them that the contractions would go away as soon as I was able to rest and relax at home.
I kept telling myself after I actually had Jane that I wanted to know what it was like to go into labor naturally. Well... I change my mind. Going to labor and delivery with close contractions, hip pain, no husband and being only 35 weeks pregnant was so stressful! My dear mother-in-law was nice enough to go with me and walk the halls and offer to sing to me when I was on the verge of tears. I don't want to go into labor naturally. That is crazy! I want to be able to check my schedule, pick a day, get a good nights rest and have a baby the next day.
I mother Jane using a method that I learned to use on myself to help curb my anxiety. We talk about events that will be coming up, I explain what is going to happen and what it is going to be like and then I tell her that it is going to be okay. Going into labor naturally completely disregards the method that I use to keep MYSELF calm! I can't go into labor naturally.

Change of Subject:
I've been doing a lot of preparing and planning for this baby because of the circumstance of our life right now. I've got about two weeks worth of freezer meals already prepared and in the freezer. I'm planning on renting a steam cleaner and cleaning the carpets and couch. I am having a hard time thinking of all the spring cleaning type tasks that need to be completed before the baby comes. Not just because I'm crazy for thinking about cleaning the house from top to bottom before the baby comes but also so I don't have to do it before we move with a toddler AND a baby in the house.
Do you guys have any suggestions??
Do you have any great, easy freezer meal recipes? I'd like to have 30 days worth of freezer meals when I deliver so I can focus on resting, finding a new place to live and packing.

No comments: