Monday, March 14, 2011

We ARE alive!!

We are alive! I swear it. We moved into our house about a month ago but before that we spent three weeks doing this:

and this:

and this:
and this:
AND this:
AND THIS:
Plus, we've done other things that I haven't been so good at documenting with my camera. What you didn't see in the sunken living room (with a fireplace) is the big, ugly, plywood built-in couch that we ripped out before we laid down the floors. That thing was a beast.

In fact, I didn't even want to LOOK at the house when I saw that picture on realtor.com.

BUT, now I am glad that we did. :)

So anyways, I'm sure you will see many more updates as we finish up the kitchen (we need to paint or stain the new cabinets and lay down tile or stain the concrete floor), finish off the sunken living room (we need to add a stair and banister so our children don't fall into the pit), paint the rest of the house that didn't get painted before we moved in, decorate and start in on new projects as time and money allow.

Life gets crazy when you own a home but I wouldn't trade it for anything. That backyard is golden and not having to yell at my kids for running in the house has made me a much calmer, happier mama.

3 comments:

David and Kaitlyn said...

So glad Jane and Sawyer have the freedom to run and play! And glad you have the freedom to let them! Can't wait to get down there and see the new place!

Jenny said...

hey sis, that is great that you have a new home. gramma told me you are expecting again. what are you having???? love you, Jenny

magento themes said...

Wow.........Nice.
Independently doing every thing.
Very good thing.That small baby is also helping you.Its no nice of him.