Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's been SOOOOO long!

I can't believe how long it has been since I've posted a real post!

We've kind of been doing a lot while not doing anything at the same time...does that make sense?

We're still waiting on the notice of transfer from Jake's work. We submitted the paperwork in November only to find out that we weren't eligible to submit until December 18th so thankfully they changed the date for us. The only problem is that the cut off for transfer requests each month is the 15th! So, our request has been pushed from November into the January pile. I'm hoping that we'll have word sometime next week since the 15th is THIS FRIDAY!

For Christmas Jake got a PS3 that he loves! I got a microphone and game called "SingIt Disney" for Jane. She is so cute while she sings Hannah Montana in the living room. She really belts it out if I sing with her; so it is easy to say that we sing-a-lot!

Sawyer, I have decided, moved right past learning how to speak one word at a time into speaking in full sentences. You have to know though that he doesn't "say" words. He shrieks everything. It is cute and maddening at the same time. Anyways, yesterday I shut the door of the bathroom while Sawyer was trying to creep into bathroom and he starts shrieking "You closed the DOOOOOR!" Over and over and over. It is hard to believe that a 14 month old would be able to say that but I swear to you he did. He is always walking around babbling about something.

I will be starting a photography class next week. I'm pretty excited. I love taking pictures and would love to make money doing so but, as with everything else, you need proper training. Keep your eye on my photography blog www.starsmithphotography.blogpsot.com to see an update of my work.

Also, a few product recommendations for my lovely readers.

If you live in an apartment or house with carpet and limited storage (no room for a steam cleaner...) you MUST try the Resolve Deep Cleaning Carpet Powder. It is amazing. Seriously I did it to my whole living/dining room area and the place looks great! I would suggest any mother of small children have this on hand at all times. Since we all know the big stains don't just fall off a plate they slowly reveal themselves as time and traffic progress you need something to clean it up without lugging out a steam machine all the time. You'll appreciate being able to quickly spot clean (or slowly clean your whole living area). I sure do!

Also, I got a new recipe book by Hungry Girl. She has a recipe called Saucy Cheesy Veggie Stacks. It is made with Eggplant, Zucchini and Portabello Mushrooms. I HATE all of these vegetables but when I made it the recipe was saucy and cheesy and oh-so-delicious! Man it was good. AND, if you make it according to recipe (which I basically did) each veggie stack has LESS than 200 calories! You can't be that, Ladies. Get a copy of that recipe because it is delicious and satisfying.

That's all from me for now. I'm going to take a page out of my BFF's journal and start (trying to) blog every day. I'm sure you guys will be biting your nails with anticipation of my next post. ;)

1 comment:

barbaraence said...

Hooray!! I'm excited to hear where you will be soon!