Monday, April 13, 2009

Finally remembered to share

Okay, as a tribute to all of you mothers out there who feel like you've messed up with your kids today or yesterday or whenever I'm going to share an experience that made me cringe a little with embarassment.

For starters, I should tell all of you that don't live near me that I am a nap nazi. Seriously.
I don't go anywhere or do anything if it is going to conflict with nap/bed time.

A couple of months ago, somehow, the clocks in our house got all screwed up. I don't know if the power went out or if I accidentally messed the time up while I was setting an alarm but that clocks were an hour fast.

One day Jane was having a pretty bad day and I had decided that she would go to bed a little early (she was acting really tired). Normally Jane goes to bed between 6:30 and 7:00pm. Well, we went through our routine; I read stories, brushed teeth, said prayers, sang songs. When I told Jane that it was time to go to sleep she started screaming. So I left and let her have her emotions. When she finally quieted down and went to sleep, an hour later, I realized that instead of putting her down at 6:30, I had put her down at 5:30pm!

The poor girl really wasn't ready for bed and I was a mean mommy for letting her cry for that long without realizing my mistake.

Luckily for me, she didn't even remember crying the night before when she woke up in the morning after a nice long night of rest... :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

This makes me laugh. I can see myself doing that someday. It was bedtime according to "Mommy time" so it didnt really matter what time it actually was. We miss you all!!