Friday, July 4, 2008

Yay for weekends!

1. Two logs have been discontinued... I can't possibly keep a realistic track of my time and I refuse to keep track of my diet. I'll just work out more.

2. Jake is home for a LONG three day weekend. Yay! Tonight, instead of fireworks and throngs of people, we put Jane to bed at her normal bedtime and we are making bread, balancing our checkbook (this log is so nice, being accountable for the money on paper makes me spend less in general... who would have thought?!) and picking out different recipes to try on his weekends at home. I love my husband.

I was sitting in a restaurant last night, watching Jane and Jake walk away to the bathroom (she had a DIIIIRRRRTTTTYYY diaper) and I couldn't help but just smile. I have the best little family. Jane sat by Jake at dinner and kept reaching over and hugging and kissing him. I kept cathing the woman behind us staring at Jane and smiling. She is such a sweet little girl. I knew Jake was the right man for me when I married him and I have never second guessed my decision but going through the weeks by myself and having him home on the weekend just reaffirms my feelings and lets me KNOW that I NEVER want to be a single mother. It not as hard to do everything with a child on your own as it is lonely. I want to badly to put Jane into bed every night and feel relieved that she is down but most of the time I want to just get her back up so I have someone to sit with me and talk to me (she can actually TALK now and tell me what she likes and dislikes...it is amazing!)

Anyways, I'm not going to be a downer.

I love my family so much!

2 comments:

barbaraence said...

That is really sweet :) Also, I didn't know you get Jake home for weekends! :)

the Rew Crew said...

I'm so proud of you for keeping your logs! And seriously, I couldn't write down how I spent each minute either--way too much hassle.

Glad you enjoyed the weekend with Jake!