Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Electric Knives...

I got an electric knife!
I use it to cut the two loaves of freshbaked, whole wheat bread I have made in the last week. I also used it to cut Jane's frenchbread pizza last night. It was great! I'm pretty much addicted to it.

Usually when I try something new, I try other new things at the same time. Here is a brief recap of the new routines I am trying to establish:

1. A food Diary. Normally I am AGAINST these with a passion that is unrivaled but... I keep gaining weight with this pregnancy and I can't figure out where I am eating enough to gain eight pounds in one month and 6 pounds in the next. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the miniature chocolates I buy on the weekend when Jake is home...

2. An activity log. Again, this is something that I am normally very much opposed to but if I'm going to monitor my physical weight I should probably monitor all the junk time activities I have been filling my days with lately. So far I have half a page worth of entries and nothing really substantial to report... I've done the dishes, run to the bank, checked the mail, paid the rent...

3. and finally, a spending log! This is nothing more than a sheet of lined paper that tracks every single penny that I spend but this is big!! I hate keeping the balance of my bank on paper but with all the new money coming in and all of my lofty saving goals, I've got to figure out where I can "trim the fat."

It's interesting though, all of my new activities revolve around losing some kind of weight or another. I blame my friend, you know who you are, for filling my mind with 3 years worth of a minimalists perspective. Maybe I'll finally get it right this time...
Until then, I'm drinking a lot of water, hanging out with Jane and working while she naps. We're bored!! Call us for playdates!!!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I love all these logs you've created. I did the same thing for about a month. Mine was just out of curiousity...I wanted to know how I was spending my time and how much time I was wasting in my day.

I hope you're able to find some good results from your logs!

barbaraence said...

I hope you get great results from you logs. I find that when I realize what I've been eating, or what I haven't been doing, or what silly things I've spent money on I can "trim the fat". Good luck! Also, I am very excited for you and your electric knive. It sounds awesome!

The Miller Family said...

Good for you to make 2 loaves of bread this week! Good luck with your logs!

The Miller Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.