Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Kindergarten Round Up


Jane had her official "Kindergarten Round Up" at the end of last month. While I filled out all the papers to register her for school she got to go with a group of the teachers to do some art, see the classrooms and eat a snack. She was so excited! She had so much fun!

I can't believe my little dumpling has grown up so much!!

Speaking of growing up, Jane is starting to become very self-aware and even embarrassed when I say certain things. I told her a couple of weeks ago that she "can't lose teeth (because some of her classmates have loose teeth!!) or grow boobs." Jane was so embarrassed!

To her credit, I would be embarrassed if my mother had said something like that to me. I have to start watching myself though! She's not a little baby anymore. She's a big baby with thoughts, feelings and opinions of her own!

I seriously don't know how I feel about this.

I guess it is a good thing we have a new baby on the way for me to smooch and love on while I start to slowly loosen the leash I have on her. It's now or never, folks. If I don't show her that I respect her feelings and opinions now she won't know it when she is a teenager. More than anything, I want her to feel like she can tell me anything as she grows up.

So, I promise, I won't tell her ever again to "not lose teeth and grow boobs." I can not, however, promise that I won't cry (or at least become annoyingly nostalgic) every time we reach a new milestone that requires more freedom for her and less Jane time for me.

2 comments:

Machelle said...

LOL! Too funny!!! Seriously though....kindergarten?!?!

Katie said...

I am with Machelle- Kindergarten?? Oh my gosh I can't believe it! They grow up too fast!