Friday, January 28, 2011

It's OFFICIAL!!!


It's Official, folks! We bought a house!

I didn't say anything on facebook or the blog or ANYWHERE basically because I was afraid I would jinx it. But, as of 4:00pm this afternoon there was nothing left to jinx. We closed, the money came through and we got the keys to our very first home!

It's a bit of a diamond in the rough. It is perfect structurally and it is very clean but it needs a lot of sweat equity updating. You'll see pictures on the blog as we tackle each project. I really want this house to be a reflection of our family and our style.

So, here are the details:
1400 sq/ft but with a finished garage it is actually 1900 sq/ft
3br/2ba
.33 acres
pool in the back yard
fireplace
sunken living room

I'm sure there are other things that I can list but I can't think of them at this point!! If you have questions, ASK!! I'll post more pictures as we move in and get around to making improvements and updates.

4 comments:

Kim said...

yaaay!!! Congratulations!!! what an exciting step in your lives! And I'm sure it will be fun to do all the projects you have in mind:) Just be sure to take "before" pics so you can really look back and appreciate all the work you did even years later:) We visited friends out in Utah (Stephanie & Danny White) last summer and they had done a TON to their home, and showed us all the before pics-- it was amazing the transformations! Let us know how we can help you during the moving process:)

Claudia said...

Congratulations!! I love what you said about making your home a reflection of your family. That is exacyl how I feel about my little town house :)

barbaraence said...

I am so excited to see more pictures!!!

YuFu said...

I am very happy that you had your house. Congratulations! I am pretty sure you had a wonderful experience in the process of decorating the house. I like the house in here. I lived a house for a couple of days. The house I lived is near by the river. So when I wake up every morning. I can see the beautiful sunshine on the river. It refreshes my whole day. I wish I will have a house in here. It is so comfortable to live.