Thursday, September 23, 2010

Forever 21?

I had an interesting experience today...

I dropped Jane off at preschool today and headed to the mall with a friend. We walked around with our little kids in umbrella strollers, wearing our staple "mom" outfit of a T-shirt and jeans. The first store we walked into was "Forever 21".

It's such a cute store and every time I walk by I want to go in and browse and buy stuff. Today, though, as I browsed through the purposefully torn leggings and the tops that could potentially be a shirt or a dress I realized that I've outgrown "Forever 21".

It was a very bizarre moment. For a really long time I felt like I was too young to wear the clothes in that store and then--BAM!--before my eyes, I'm too OLD to wear their clothes.

So, I'm officially moving on to Ann Taylor Loft or Gap or (my fave) TJ Maxx. If you see me in "Forever 21" in the future, you can be sure that I'm shopping for accessories--for Jane.

3 comments:

David and Kaitlyn said...

haha. me too... but it's not funny.... ;-)

Laura said...

I hated it when I came to that realization. Unfortunatly I went far enough as to trying something on. I looked in the mirror and thought..."I look so stupid. I need grown up clothes."

21 doesn't last forever...does it?

Unknown said...

Very Good !