Sunday, June 15, 2008

Beauty Sleep


Jane and I dropped Jake off at the Florida Highway Patrol Training Academy today. So far my experiences with being a single parent are pretty good. We went to the grandparents house from the academy and they not only ran Jane ragged but stuffed her full of food that will keep her tummy happy for the whole night. She fell asleep at 6:00pm on the way home and is looking like she is going to sleep the rest of the evening. I've watched T.V., eaten a cupcake and two leftover maple sausage links from breakfast and now I am getting ready to brush my teeth and read for an hour or two before going to bed.


I tend to have dark circles around my eyes naturally but when I am pregnant they arrive in darker shades than I have ever seen before! So here is my question for you guys; aside from getting more sleep and wearing obscene amounts of makeup, what can I do to make these pseudo-black eyes go away? Have you found any products that effectively get rid of them? Do cucumbers actually work? Tell me!!


Also, I have to say, Jake was so cute in his suit today when I dropped him off. I love my husband so much and my daughter is such a joy. I can't wait until we finish this training period (30 weeks!!) and can be a complete family again.


1 comment:

barbaraence said...

I don't know what to tell you! I get dark circles too, but I just leave them there. I'm horrible with make-up, I honestly forgot to put make-up this morning and realized it half-way to church! I also forgot to brush my hair.....