Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Absent.

So I guess at least two people read my blog.
Sorry I have been absent. In the last few weeks the Smith Family has driven at least 1200 miles round trip. We have gone south (to Orlando) then north (to Chattanooga) and south again (home). Our trips were great. We had a great time reconnecting with most of the different branches of our families (the only branch missing is the one my dad sits on).

When we were in Orlando we went non-stop all day. It was great. Jane had a wonderful time at the theme parks and Jake and I were able to relax a little bit too. Grandparents are great.

Chattanooga was a visual feast for the eyes. The fall colors were present in full effect. There was a national rowing competion on the Tennessee river the weekend we were there and the temperature was cool enough for a light jacket but not cool enough for hats and gloves.

Now we are all tired from our travels. Jane is finally figuring out how to sleep through the night again (Only because we make her cry in her bed if she wakes up or refuses to go to sleep). She does have a mystery virus though so we are pretty muched locked in for the next week.

I've got a lot of pictures to post from our different trips but no energy to post them right now. For those faithful readers that notice if I don't repost for three weeks, I promise I won't make you wait that long.

For everyone else...
you won't notice anyways.

Ciao!
Je suis une flame parmi des femmes.

2 comments:

barbaraence said...

Holy cow! Sounds like you had a blast! I need tips on traveling since I'm going to HI in a month and Ken won't be around to help me on the flight. We're going during finals so he can study like mad....I am so excited! Laura has never been.
I'm sorry to hear about the mystery virus...yikes! I hope she gets better :(

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have been very busy lately. Sorry I have been out of town 3 out of every 5 weeks since July, but you have to go where the work is. I would really like to see you guys again. We haven't even talked in a while. I have bookmarked your blog and will try to check up on you often. Give me a call soon so I can program your number in my phone.

Love ya lots,
Dad